Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) is a fundamental part of the Victorian Curriculum and an important part of the Education State Targets to promote happy, healthy and resilient students.
At Clyde Creek Primary School, we prioritise the explicit teaching of Social and Emotional Learning (SEL). We are committed to:
- Explicit teaching of SEL as part of the weekly learning across all year levels.
- Evidence-based teaching and learning supported by the Victorian Curriculum Capabilities, Resilience, Rights and Respectful Relationships and our embedded school values of Care, Collaboration, Persistence and Success.
- Implementation of the Zones of Regulation, supporting all learners with the skills, strategies and language to manage and regulate their emotions.
- Daily class home group, circle time and restorative practices to support positive relationships, sense of belonging and connectedness.
- Implementation of the Be You framework, an initiative supported by Beyond Blue to grow mentally healthy students and communities.
- Termly parent workshops to inform, connect and support families in mental health and wellbeing.
- Partnering with external agencies and professionals to support our students, staff and families.