Technologies, aligned to the Victorian Curriculum, includes Design and Technologies and Digital Technologies.
The Technologies provide a framework for students to learn how to use technologies to create innovative solutions that meet current and future needs. The curriculum provides practical opportunities for students to be users, designers and producers of new technologies.
Learning through Design and Technologies
- Design thinking and technologies to generate and produce designed solutions
- Investigating, generating and evaluating designed solutions for sustainable futures
- Creating designed solutions by selecting and safely manipulating a range of materials, systems, components, tools and equipment
Learning through Digital Technologies
- Navigating safely in an online environment to be a digital citizen
- Developing digital literacy through computational thinking and information systems
- Considering the impacts of technological change and how technologies may contribute to a sustainable future